Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine's Day Tea Party

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

Have you ever heard the story of Saint Valentine? My friend enlightened me yesterday as to what's behind the hearts, flowers and chocolates. St. Valentine's Day began as celebration for Saint Valentine, a man who was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers, as they were forbidden to marry. I appreciate that we celebrate a man who believed in its sanctification!

This year for Valentine's Day, my friend Clara had a brilliant idea to set up a tea party inspiration photo shoot - and I was honoured to photograph the scene with her. Feel free to head on over to her website and give her some love! I feel so blessed to have a photography friend like her... her photos are amazing! Thanks again, Clara, for being your creative self and for organizing this photo shoot!

So without further adieu, the unveiling of our Valentine's Day Shoot!
























































Special thanks to the following vendors for making this photo shoot a reality. They were each SO generous in donating items & time:

DuchessLaurel's on WhyteIn With the Old {Vintage Rentals}Cloud and Lolly, & Amber Olmstead Make-Up & Hair.

And special thanks for the amazing & good looking couple who were our models: Travis & Jenna Johanneson. They are quality people whose love is depicted in the above photos, and who I am blessed to have as some of my closest friends!
Again, thanks to Clara for organizing this shoot. Check out: Clara Cecilia Photography!

1 comment:

  1. All SO beautiful, Kirsten ~ wow !!! You captured the romance so well, I feel as though I was there ;-) - Claire

    ReplyDelete