Monday 1 May 2017

Josh & Kaman: Married!

Josh and Kaman's wedding was one of my very favourite weddings of 2016! And my first ever Chinese wedding... complete with DOOR GAMES and TEA CEREMONIES! It's been a dream of mine for a few years to photograph a Chinese cultural wedding complete with both door games and tea ceremonies. For those who don't know, door games are where the bridesmaids come up with games and challenges for the groom and groomsmen to complete to "earn" the groom his bride. I thought to myself, if I wasn't already married, I would totally have done door games at my wedding! ;)
It was seriously such an honour to be there to capture your day, Josh and Kaman, but to mostly just spend time with the two of you and your family and friends! These guys and their community do LOVE and ACCEPTANCE so well! I don't think I've felt as taken care of by a wedding party as I did with these guys - they packed lunch for me, took care of me, and gave me the most touching thank you in their thank you speech. (Those are just the icing on the cake)... I came home and debriefed with my husband about how I wouldn't be opposed going to their church just so I could hang out with them more ;)
Josh and Kaman... THANK YOU for inviting me to your wedding. Thanks for being in love and wanting to get married ;) God bless you as you guys journey together!

***side note: if any of you reading this are having a Chinese wedding, PLEASE get in touch! They are one of my new favourite weddings to photograph and I'd love to have the chance to photograph more! :)






































































































No comments:

Post a Comment